[Dnsmasq-discuss] Thanks and question

A James Boswell james at boswellbunch.com
Tue Feb 10 20:17:11 GMT 2015

Thanks Simon,
I understand the rational. Ideally though, I would like to be able to specify an arbitrary range rather than whole subnet for the reserved range, for example dynamic from .1 to .99 and reserved from .100 to .254. Not a neat CIDR boundary, so not possible at the moment and I have settles for the nearest /25 at .128

I can't see any networking reason for requiring reserved addresses to be demarcated at a subnet boundary. As long as there are no collisions between dynamic and static ranges, they can share the same subnet in routing terms.

Your thoughts?

Regards

A. James Boswell
james at boswellbunch.com