[Dnsmasq-discuss] Can not set lease time to less than 2m

Jim Alles kb3tbx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 16:26:45 GMT 2015

You must have a very small network and very special requirements?

>From the man pages for dhcp-range:

Enable the DHCP server. Addresses will be given out from the range
<start-addr> to <end-addr> and from statically defined addresses given in
*dhcp-host *options.
If the lease time is given, then leases will be given for that length of
time. The lease time is in seconds, or minutes (eg 45m) or hours (eg 1h) or
"infinite". If not given, the default lease time is one hour.

The minimum lease time is two minutes.

For IPv6 ranges, the lease time maybe "deprecated"; this sets the preferred
lifetime sent in a DHCP lease or router advertisement to zero, which causes
clients to use other addresses, if available, for new connections as a
prelude to renumbering.