[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNAME or domain to domain transltion?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 02:41:10 GMT 2015

I had had a lot of hope for DNAMEs, but they were shot down in the ietf
years ago. Vestiges survive in "bind", at least, but I suspect there is
little application support.

I would not mind an attempt to resurrect them. Naming in the face of being
renumbered all the time by various ipv4 and ipv6 providers is a real PITA.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Adrian Lewis <adrian at alsiconsulting.co.uk>
wrote:

> Would it be fair to assume that there is no trick to this and if so, is
> there any interest in a feature request for supporting DNAME records?
> Unfortunately I'm simply a (very grateful) freeloader with no programming
> skills whatsoever. I have no idea whether implementing this would be
> something really simple or the opposite.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Adrian

Dave Täht
Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb