[Dnsmasq-discuss] dns server

Linux Luser linuxluser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 02:56:48 BST 2015

Are you running dnsmasq through NetworkManager on the server or the client?
The version of dnsmasq for NetworkManager is compiled with different
options than standard dnsmasq installs (those that come as a package for a
distro).

If the /etc/dnsmasq.conf file you showed is the one that's on your server,
then you need to supply at least one more 'server' option to specify an
upstream server for queries that dnsmasq doesn't know the answers to.

So, in addition to "server=/mydomain.org/192.168.0.101", you need to add:

server=8.8.8.8

That will tell dnsmasq to forward queries it doesn't know about upstream.
You can have more than one 'server=' line.

--
daV.e

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him...
The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All
progress depends on the unreasonable man." Bernard Shaw