[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP runs forever / looping

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat May 16 09:17:03 BST 2015

Bonjour Conrad,

Le Fri, 15 May 2015 23:41:20 +0200, Conrad Kostecki
<ck+dnsmasq at bl4ckb0x.de> a écrit :

> Hi!
> I've some trouble with my gentoo notebook.
> It's using NetworkManager 1.0.0..
>
> But the DHCP process is not stopping. It's forever repeating.
>
> Dicover
> Offer
> Request
> Ack
> Request
> Ack
>
> TCP-Dump: http://pixelbanane.de/yafu/2708453344/dhcp.bin
>
> Is this a DNSMasq problem or more a bug in NetworkManager? All I know,
> that in the past, the older version 0.9.8.x was working perfectly fine..
>
> Other clients, like dhclient or dhcpcd are also working fine on my
> gentoo notebook.
>
> Any Ideas?

I would say that something prevents the ACK from applying to the
client. Did you capture the DHCP exchange on the server side? If so,
then maybe the ACK does not reach the client. If capture was done on
the client side, then something prevents the ACK from reaching up
through the network stack to the DHCP client code.

> Conrad

Amicalement,
--
Albert.