[Dnsmasq-discuss] Unseen cache limit?

wkitty42 at gmail.com wkitty42 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:24:58 BST 2015

On 06/03/2015 05:41 PM, Simon Kelley wrote:
> That number isn't magic: it's the largest I tested and the the largest
> that seemed sensible. If there's evidence that larger cache sizes make
> sense, it could be raised.

FWIW: as long as the purging of timedout domains is working properly, i don't
know of any real reason why it cannot me increased or even removed if there's
enough memory on the moochine to handle it...

yes, this is my first post but i've been reading for a while... mainly due to
the possibility of changing ""our"" distribution from the ICS thing to this one
for better DHCP and DNS interaction (eg: some box joins and the DNS is
automatically updated to include it)... i won't mention this distribution at
this time but it is a FOSS security device implementation...

thanks for your time and consideration! ;)