[Dnsmasq-discuss] Patches: Extend --bridge-interface aliasing to DHCPv6 and Router Advertisements

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Mon Jun 8 12:37:32 BST 2015

I'm sorry, this is a really old thread that I'm only just now getting
back to.

As a reminder, it's a set of patches that extend the semantics of
--bridge-interface to DHCPv6 and router advertisements.  Our last
exchange (as below) was about fixing a subtle difference in behaviour
between the v4 and v6 cases, and this email provides the revised patch
set that addresses that point, and also:

- is rebased to current master
- improves the documentation around --bridge-interface, specifically so
that it doesn't appear to be for BSD platforms only.

My team has been running with this for a while - albeit on a base of
2.72 - so we have some confidence that the patches are correct.

Please would you consider merging these patches into upstream dnsmasq?

Many thanks,
	Neil