[Dnsmasq-discuss] Selective logging for "log-queries"

Hartmut Krafft hartmut at mail.ru
Mon Jun 22 08:43:10 BST 2015

Hi all, maybe the OP should clarify what he wants to do. Just to unclutter
a log for debugging, the standard tools are fine (grep&c.).
Or does he parse the logs for another goal? Then, a terser format might
make sense - or a completely different approach.
Best,
Hartmut

Hi Richard,

The question is about controlling what is logged, not where it is (and
no, I don't have any idea except poor man's solutions such as filtering
the whole log -- wherever it comes from -- through grep plus tailf).

Ammicalement,
Albert.