[Dnsmasq-discuss] No IPv6

Nickolai Dobrynin ndobrynin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:12:19 BST 2015

Kevin,

Thanks much for the reply!

So, the network prefix should NOT be in the config file.  Instead,
dnsmasq will learn that prefix from the RAs my ISP sends - do
I get this right?

If so, the log should probably have a relevant message, e.g.
"such and such network prefix has been discovered".  But I
do not see anything like this.  All I see (with your example
in mind) is

dnsmasq-dhcp: DHCPv6. IP range ::2 -- ::255.255.255.255
dnsmasq-dhcp: router advertisement on ::
dnsmasq-dhcp: IPv6 router advertisement enabled

Does any way exist to get dnsmasq to explain why it cannot
assign a world-routable address and keeps operating in intranet
mode without exposing itself to the outside world?

Many thanks,
Nickolai