[Dnsmasq-discuss] Simplest way to configure machine with WiFi WAN and ethernet LAN?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sun Sep 20 13:51:07 BST 2015

I'm configuring a little Linux machine (a Raspberry Pi to be exact) to
act as a sort of router for a small network on a boat.

It has an external USB WiFi connection to a 'hotspot' and thus all
connections to the outside world go via wlan0 which has dynamic IP.

On the LAN side I have given the Pi a static IP in the 192.168.1.x
range.

How do I need to configure dnsmasq to work with this sort of set up? I
want it to give out LAN addresses to anything plugged into the
ethernet LAN but I'm not quite sure how the routing will work.  Do I
need to run 'dhclient wlan0' to get the routes to the outside world
set up or can dnsmasq sort it out?

--
Chris Green