[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to let dnsmasq using multiple upstream dns servers with non-standard ports.

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sat Sep 26 21:53:19 BST 2015

You can't put non-standard ports in a resolv-file, the format of those
files does not include ports.

It is possible to put a non-standard port in dnsmasq configuration files
using

server=server1#port1

So simply make your file look like

server=server1#port1
server=server2#port2
server=server3#port3
server=server4#port4

call it /path/to/servers.dnsmasq

and tell dnsmasq to read it as a dnsmasq configuration file.

sudo dnsmasq -d -p 5353 -C /path/to/servers.dnsmasq  --all-servers

That should do the trick.