[Dnsmasq-discuss] TTL for "temporary" NXDOMAIN

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sat Sep 26 22:13:10 BST 2015

The short answer is that there's no way to make dnsmasq do that. It's a
pretty crazy way for a DNS server to behave.

The question is, why DNS lookups to you application are failing when it
restarts? DNS queries have timeouts and retries, so it should just wait
for it to come back. I guess we need more info on how it's implemented.