[Dnsmasq-discuss] Clear prefix autonomous flag on router advertising

Shaun Lynch em2slyn at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 05:16:35 BST 2015

Hi All:
I am building a IPv4-IPv6 dual-stack gateway device for a virtual sandbox in which to experiment with different system configurations. The current gateway uses Debian 8.2 as the host operating system along with radvd for router advertising that is configured as follows:

interface eth1
{
    AdvSendAdvert on;
    AdvManagedFlag on;
    AdvOtherConfigFlag on;

    prefix ::/64
    {
        AdvAutonomous off;
    };
};

My objective is to provide client computers with the address of the default gateway while using a separate DHCPv6 server to provide the host address and DNS information.

So far I have been able to configure dnsmasq in a DHCPv6 stateful configuration with the included DHCPv6 service; however, I cannot seem to determine which options set the managed address (M) and other (O) flags and clears the prefix autonomous (A) flag to disable generation of the stateless address for stand-alone router advertising.

This seems like fairly common configuration and I've searched the internet and forums to no avail. Does dnsmasq support this configuration? If so, would someone please provide a sample configuration or pointer to a reference. Thanks!

Shaun