[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcpv6 problem with static allocations and "no addresses available"

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Thu Oct 22 17:33:28 BST 2015

Hi Carlos,

Le Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:50:14 -0200, Carlos Carvalho
<carlos at fisica.ufpr.br> a écrit :

> Albert ARIBAUD (albert.aribaud at free.fr) wrote on Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 03:20:34AM BRST:

> > > No, I start dnsmasq without any lease.
> >
> > Just to make sure, as your answer may mean various things: did you
> > explicitly delete the current leases file while dnsmasq was stopped and
> > only then start dnsmasq again?
>
> With leasefile-ro nothing is read when the process starts.

Technically, with --loeasefile-ro, no lease file is read but the
lease-change script can still produce valid leases on its stdout, and
these will be taken into account.

Now, I assume you don't use the lease-change script or you have made
sure it does not output any valid lease.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.