[Dnsmasq-discuss] Becoming authoritative DNS for additional netblock

A C agcme at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 22:08:50 GMT 2015

Ok, this question is for a much older version of dnsmasq because I
haven't been able to update the router firmware to bring in a newer
version.  I'm currently using version 2.35

My current internal IP space is 10.0.0.0/255.255.0.0 (A Class B subnet
of the 10.x.x.x Class A space).   I have a VPN server on the network
that I use when I'm away from home.  It uses the 10.100.0.0 network
space for the remote clients.

What I would like to do is configure dnsmasq on my router to answer
authoritatively for any requests about addresses in that 10.100.0.0
network even though the main network is outside that space.  The VPN
clients are assigned these extra IPs statically so I would just be
adding them to the router's hosts file for dnsmasq to pick up.

According to online man pages (the router doesn't have them because of
space) there's a rev-server option which appears to be what I want but I
can't determine if rev-server is supported in 2.35 or if it's a later
addition.