[Dnsmasq-discuss] On-Link flag is not set

Wiebe Cazemier wiebe at halfgaar.net
Fri Jan 22 14:07:38 GMT 2016

Hi,

I configured this for our IPv6 range:

    enable-ra
    dhcp-range=xxxx:1b0:5256:1337::, ra-only, inifite

Purposefully no 'off-link'. Clients are not getting a route for xxxx:1b0:5256:1337::/64 and traffic to machines on the same subnet is all sent to the router (tracepath6 shows), which is undesirable.

Looking at the traffic with Tcdump+Wireshark, shows that in the router advertisement, the On-Link flag is not set.

I don't understand what's going on here. I expected the On-Link to be set.

Version: 2.62-3+deb7u3 from Debian 7.9.

Regards,

Wiebe