[Dnsmasq-discuss] CVE-2015-7547 tcp path mitigation hack

Louis Munro lmunro at inverse.ca
Thu Feb 18 18:24:45 GMT 2016

> On Feb 18, 2016, at 12:23 , Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:

> That would do it. Or just block port-53/TCP
>
> Cheers,
>
> Simon.

This is what I have come up with for now:

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 53 -m length --length 1024:4096 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 53 -m length --length 1024:4096 -j DROP

4096 is really just some large number here.
I could go higher if jumbo frames might be involved.

Of course, this is a band-aid solution.
There is no substitute for updating glibc in the end.

But I digress, this is getting off track and is not really relevant to this list.

Thanks everyone,
--
Louis Munro