[Dnsmasq-discuss] hogging RAM

cb at lim.nl cb at lim.nl
Mon Mar 14 08:23:21 GMT 2016

Hi all,

I'm running dnsmasq on a 128MB VPS server running debian 7 which I have
set up primarily as a VPN. I've configured it with an adblock list from
yoyo.org that I update once a week.

For some reason, dnsmasq is currently using abnormal amount of memory:

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S  %CPU %MEM  TIME+ COMMAND

 2386 dnsmasq   20   0  132m  79m    0 S   0,0 61,8   0:01.42 dnsmasq

It is crashing periodically, and apparently caused the VPS itself to
crash last night.

Any thoughts about what might be going on here?

/usr/sbin/dnsmasq --version
Dnsmasq version 2.62

$ uname -a
Linux vera 2.6.32-042stab113.11 #1 SMP Fri Dec 18 17:32:04 MSK 2015
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks