[Dnsmasq-discuss] Unable to resolve before dhcp

David Erickson halcyon1981 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 23:48:47 GMT 2016

All-
We are using dnsmasq inside ddwrt and have noticed that we are unable to
resolve reserved dhcp names until after a device has dhcp'd.  IE the
following config line:

dhcp-host=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx,myname,10.128.0.2,2880m

I won't be able to resolve "myname" or "myname.domain.name" until the
device with that MAC address has issued a dhcp request.

Is this expected behavior?  Can I correct this without having to add a
corresponding host-record line for every dhcp-host entry?

Thanks,
David