[Dnsmasq-discuss] redundant/resiliant dnsmasq servers?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Mar 27 08:44:14 BST 2016

Am 26.03.2016 um 17:34 schrieb Kurt H Maier:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 11:06:39AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Yes, but that's not the trigger for the original inquiry - it was
>> explicitly about a software crash:
>> <http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2016q1/010405.html>
>
> No it wasn't.  Read the message you linked.  It's said the server
> crashed; software or hardware failure is not specified.  This is a moot
> point; I'm not really sure why you're offended at the idea that someone
> may want redundant services.

I didn't take offense - I just see that DHCP failover isn't a native
dnsmasq feature and was proposing a middle ground that does not give
full redundancy.  Of course a service supervision is no good with a
hardware crash.

Please, if copying me on messages to the mailing list, do that openly as
a Cc: - thanks.