[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq - dnsmasq.leases IPv6 example

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Wed Apr 6 06:40:59 BST 2016

Hi,

Le Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:48:37 -0700
Sivabalakrishnan M <sivabalakrishnan.m at gmail.com> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone please share the sample output of dnsmasq.leases file
> for IPv6 entries? Is it possible to have mac address with size more
> than 8 bytes for IPv6? Please let me know.

MAC addresses are standard, have 6 bytes, not 8, and do not differ in
IPv6 from what they are in IPv6.

Are you maybe referring to the EUI-64 format address in SLAAC ? But that
too is fixed-format, so you cannot have an EIU-64 address longer (or
shorter, for that matter) than 8 bytes.

Can you expand on what the actual problem is that you are encountering?

> Thanks,
> Siva

Amicalement,
--