[Dnsmasq-discuss] Interface name in /etc/resolv.conf with network-manager (was: Interface-name not injecting name into cache)

Leandro Noferini lnoferin at cybervalley.org
Wed Apr 6 21:37:55 BST 2016

Ciao a tutti,

I think my problem is similar to the one from the original post so I use
this thread.

I have a server with dnsmasq (version 2.72-3+deb8u from debian stable)
doing dhcp and dns.

In my dnsmasq.conf I have this line:

dhcp-range=lan,10.150.29.100,10.150.29.249,255.255.255.0,12h

When I try to connect with my laptop with network-manager (version
1.1.93-1 from debian unstable) I get the correct address (the laptop has
a fixed one) but I get this /etc/resolv.conf

# Generated by resolvconf
search cybervalley.orglan
nameserver 10.150.29.2

As you can see the search domain is incorrect.

The other clients, android phones, computer with older network-manager
versions and other OS and whatever does not have this problem.

What could I look for?

--
leandro
Scegli sempre un'idea che ti permetta poi di cambiarla