[Dnsmasq-discuss] ProxyDHCP mode is broken for serving ipxe.efi to UEFI pxe clents

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sun May 8 22:15:02 BST 2016

I don't think that doing bug work-around behavior automagically is a
good idea. If it is required to do non-standard stuff, that should be
explicit.

The difference between Michael's patch and Jarek's seems to be that
Michael's works automatically when there is precisely one valid boot
service line, but Jarek's needs explicit configuration. What situation
does Jarek's approach cover, that Michael's doesn't?

Second question:

Michael's path sets the boot filename to <name>.efi rather than <name>.0
when the CSA is "IA32_EFI", "BC_EFI", "Xscale_EFI", or "x86-64_EFI" but
Jarek's doesn't. Should that be added to Jarek's patch?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. I'm working blind here,
without a test system to experiment with.