[Dnsmasq-discuss] ProxyDHCP mode is broken for serving ipxe.efi to UEFI pxe clents

Michael Kuron michael-lists at PHYSCIP.UNI-STUTTGART.DE
Mon May 9 09:34:04 BST 2016

> The difference between Michael's patch and Jarek's seems to be that
> Michael's works automatically when there is precisely one valid boot
> service line, but Jarek's needs explicit configuration. What situation
> does Jarek's approach cover, that Michael's doesn’t?

I’ve also been wondering about that. Comparing the patches, I believe that, when skipping the menu, the only difference is that Jarek additionally sets the sname field, while I only set siaddr and file. I think Jarek said that without sname, some of his clients didn’t boot. I think it would be fine to add the sname line to my patch and hopefully that should fix Jarek’s clients too without needing all that pxe_skip_menu code.

> Michael's path sets the boot filename to <name>.efi rather than <name>.0
> when the CSA is "IA32_EFI", "BC_EFI", "Xscale_EFI", or "x86-64_EFI" but
> Jarek's doesn't. Should that be added to Jarek's patch?

> Sorry if these seem like stupid questions. I'm working blind here,
> without a test system to experiment with.

If you have access to a recent version of VMware, I can send you a VMX file and an EFI binary for testing.

Michael