[Dnsmasq-discuss] Announce: dnsmasq-2.76

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri May 20 22:03:46 BST 2016

Apologies for jumping the gun on you. As a general thing, a quick email
has been addressed.

I checked those warnings, and they're all false positives. The static
analysis is clever, but not clever enough.

This release of dnsmasq has gone through a coverity scan, which is the
ultimate static analysis, AFAIK. Even that generates lots of false
positives, and rather then warp the code to make the analysis work, I
adopted a policy of marking warnings as "not an issue".

Coverity builds under Linux, so the BSD-only code in the tree is not
checked that way, unfortunately.

Thanks for committing 2.76.