[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP option force or config file?

zhi changzhi1990 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:38:55 BST 2016

hi, all.

    I have a question about dnsmasq's options. I setup a dnsmasq process
and it runs like this:

dnsmasq --no-hosts --no-resolv --strict-order
--except-interface=lo
--pid-file=pid
--dhcp-hostsfile=host
--addn-hosts=addn_hosts
--dhcp-optsfile=opts
--dhcp-leasefile=leases
--dhcp-match=set:ipxe,175
--bind-interfaces
--interface=tap96a9d998-8c
--dhcp-range=set:tag0,1.1.1.0,static,86400s
--dhcp-option-force=option:mtu,950
--dhcp-lease-max=256 -
-conf-file=/etc/neutron/dnsmasq-neutron.conf
--domain=my_domain.

And, the content of dnsmasq-neutron.conf is " dhcp-option-force=26,1400 ".

NOW, the question is the dnsmasq process contains two options about mtu.
One is using by " dhcp-option-force ", another is "
--conf-file=/etc/neutron/dnsmasq-neutron.conf  ". Which option is right ?

I create a vm by using this dnsmasq prcocess and vm's mtu is "1400".

I want to know how does dnsmasq deal with thus situation ?

Hope for your reply ;-)

Thanks