[Dnsmasq-discuss] systemd service improvements

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 20:18:02 BST 2016

On Thursday 30 June 2016 16:58:56 Craig Andrews wrote:
> I'd like to propose a couple changes in terms of systemd in dnsmaq.
> First, dnsmasq should always install a systemd unit so all
> distributions/users can use it

I'm against such change. Why on the Earth install useless files into
system which do nothing? I really do not want to see that programs
starts installing systemd files just because it is "no harm".

If such thing happen, dnsmasq then should install also config file for
upstart, also for openrc, and also install shortcut for Windows start
menu for *all* systems as that is too by that definition "no harm".

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com