[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-range broke in 2.76

Matthew Keeler mjkeeler7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:20:14 BST 2016

Yes, I have other dhcp-ranges for other types of hosts, I just also had a
static one where all my static leases got lumped into. So the dhcp server
should still run. All my other ranges were not experiencing parsing issues
after the upgrade so I didn’t mention them before.

--
Matthew Keeler

On July 6, 2016 at 12:16:30, Albert ARIBAUD (albert.aribaud at free.fr) wrote:

Hi again Matthew,

Le Wed, 6 Jul 2016 08:54:55 -0700
Matthew Keeler <mjkeeler7 at gmail.com> a écrit:

> Thank you Albert. I guess where I was going wrong was thinking that
> the static lease addresses referenced in a dhcp-host config needed to
> fall within another configured dhcp-range. So I guess I should just
> be able to remove that line from my configuration and have the same
> behavior as before (the first 128 ips in my subnet not being
> dynamically allocated but needing dhcp-host configurations).

You will need the dhcp-range option, as it is the one which enables
the DHCP server.

If you don't need dynamic allocation, but cannot use the 'static'
keyword, then you can set the dynamic range within the 128 address
range for which you have dhcp-host lines defined. Basically, it will
make dnsmasq reject or ignore any requests not in the ones statically
defined.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.