[Dnsmasq-discuss] Quicker IPv6 connectivity recovery when using ra-stateless mode

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Jul 18 11:26:06 BST 2016

Xander Victory <xander at xandervictory.id.au> writes:

> You laptop should send an ipv6 router solicit (which should trigger an
> advertisement). Do you see this looking at tcpdump for icmpv6?
> What OS & version is it running?

Ah, I see. No, my laptop doesn't seem to be sending router solicitation
messages, even though the relevant sysctls are set to their default
values. I'm running Arch Linux on kernel 4.6.4, using systemd-networkd
to configure the interface.

It may be that there's some timing issues with the connection not being
available even though the interface appears to be up from the kernel's
point of view. Haven't been able to see any router solicitations go out
at all, though.

Aha, and there appears to be a systemd bug opened on this:
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/3664 -- will investigate
further... thanks for the pointer :)

-Toke