[Dnsmasq-discuss] What does os02 mean here?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 14:59:00 BST 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 07:46:50PM +0800, 水静流深 wrote:
> There is a  line  in dnsmasq configuration file.
>
> dhcp-host=00:0C:29:5E:F2:6F,192.168.1.201,os02
>
> What does os02 mean here?

That's the hostname associated with the client.  Even if the client
reports a different hostname when requesting the lease, the hostname
used in the config will be what is served in DNS.

PS: Simon, I saw a typo in my version of the man page under
"--dhcp-host": "omit" is misspelled.  Sorry for not patching, but
this should be a simple fix. :)  (And maybe you already have it
fixed, my version is not current.)
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/