[Dnsmasq-discuss] send logs to a remote server

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hpe.com
Wed Aug 3 19:44:55 BST 2016

On 08/03/2016 11:00 AM, John Pearson wrote:
> I'd like to send the logs to a remote server to process. I'm currently
> leaning towards using rsyslog for that.
>
> I looked into --log-facility sending to remote server but doesn't seem
> to be supported.
>
> Is there a better way than rsyslog? Maybe something built into dnsmasq
> that I am missing?

Just a paranoid drift, because I've been bitten by it a few times in the
past - make certain that if you do go the rsyslog path, you ensure it is
setup to never block the local logging client(s) no matter what happens
with the remote logging destination.  Otherwise, when something goes
awry with the remote logging destination the backpressure will affect
the logging clients (eg dnsmasq in this case though the times I've been
bitten were with other things).

rick jones