[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq doesn't reply to queries made over (link-local) IPv6

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Sep 1 22:29:40 BST 2016

Hi

I have this weird problem where my dnsmasq instance won't reply to
queries made over (link-local) IPv6. I can see the query coming in, it
shows up in the logs (with log-queries) enabled and gets resolved, but
no reply ever goes back out. Don't see any IPv6 DNS packets going out at
all on that interface. Queries made over IPv4 work fine.

I am stumped as to how to debug this. This is dnsmasq 2.76 running on
LEDE nightlies.

-Toke