[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq not providing a response to client

Bill Warren billwarren at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 00:17:56 BST 2016

Greetings from a new user of dnsmasq v.2.76 on FreeBSD v.10.3

dnsmasq is receiving queries and obtaining responses (confirmed in --no-daemon mode).

However, the client never receives a response ...
	dig @192.168.1.14 www.google.com
results in
	[…]
	connection timed out; no servers could be reached

I disabled the pf firewall to ensure it wasn’t filtering traffic, to no avail.

I cannot figure out why my clients aren’t getting the response from dnsmasq even though it received and looked-up the query.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  I stumbled onto dnsmasq and think it will be the perfect solution … once I get it working properly.