[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-vendorclass identifier - How to send this parameter -substring- to the executable script

Valderrama Romero Jorge Edgar jorgeedgar.valderramaromero at altran.com
Wed Sep 21 08:58:37 BST 2016

Good morning

We are working right now with dnsmasq and we already have the configuration to identify devices of the type "CPE" because their vendor class identifier, the assignation of the IP's are correct and if the devices are not of this type gives the right IP's too in the other range.

What we are wondering is how to send this "identifier" to the executable script, because as far as we know it just send to the script the -event, MAC, IP and hostname- but we can not figure out how to send this vendor class identifier to the script.

Any help, thanks in advance.
Cheers
JORGE VALDERRAMA ROMERO

 Uncomment this to enable the integrated DHCP server, you need
# to supply the range of addresses available for lease and optionally
# a lease time. If you have more than one network, you will need to
# repeat this for each network on which you want to supply DHCP
# service.

dhcp-range=net:cpe,10.1.1.3,10.1.1.4,24h
dhcp-range=net:#cpe,10.1.1.15,10.1.1.20,24

# Send extra options which are tagged as "red" to any machine whose
# DHCP vendorclass string includes the substring "Linux"
#dhcp-vendorclass=set:red,Linux

dhcp-vendorclass=cpe,"CPE"

# Run an executable when a DHCP lease is created or destroyed.
# The arguments sent to the script are "add" or "del",
# then the MAC address, the IP address and finally the hostname
# if there is one.
# set ip_addr = binary-to-ascii(10, 8, ".", leased-address);

dhcp-script=/usr/bin/test1.sh