[Dnsmasq-discuss] TTL extension when all external DNS servers are not reachable

Jois, Diwakar (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) diwakar.jois at nokia.com
Mon Sep 26 18:33:37 BST 2016

Hi,

        We are using dnsmasq as a proxy with caching.

        When the external DNS servers are not reachable, we want the dnsmasq (running as proxy) to automatically extend the TTL of the entries present in the cache (so that DNS queries sent to dnsmasq does not fail).
Once the external server is reachable again, dnsmasq should send the queries (after TTL expires)

        Please let us know if such functionality is available in dnsmasq (if yes, how to configure it). Thanks.

With Best Regards,
Diwakar