[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmask respond to non-local network

Joseph C Bond IV JCBond at BnBFilms.com
Thu Nov 17 15:57:48 GMT 2016

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

I have a Raspberry PI 3 running a copy of dnsmasq to provide DHCP and DNS services for my local network. This works perfectly.

My internal network is 192.168.21.1/24. The Raspberry PI is on a static IP within this network.
My external router assigns any VPN client an address within the 192.168.23.1/24 network and does all required routing so that clients on that network can reach hosts on the internal network.

When I connect via VPN obviously my system has a 192.168.23.x address and dnsmasq ignores all DNS queries.

How can I tell dsnmasq to reply to DNS queries from the 192.168.23.1/24 network as well?

Thank you in advance for all your help.