[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq-discuss Digest, Vol 138, Issue 13

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Tue Nov 22 13:44:08 GMT 2016

Hi Rahul,

Le Tue, 22 Nov 2016 05:51:17 +0000
Rahul Jain <rahul2308 at outlook.com> a écrit:

> Hi, thank you for the insight. Actually, I want this implementation
> on my router(which is running mipsel-linux), can't just simply
> install on it. Therefore, I have to run the binary there but I'm not
> getting the MAC address of the connected clients when I add the
> add-mac option in the conf file.

Ok, so IIUC, you do not have access to the source code of the system
installed on your router, and especially you do not have access to the
source code and build instructions to rebuild your router's dnsmasq.

But you do have access to the router's filesystem, right? So you can
inspect its services scripts and find out what it does and why the
add-mac option is not passed to dnsmasq.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.