[Dnsmasq-discuss] Bug forward upstream SERVFAIL

Chris Novakovic chris at chrisn.me.uk
Tue Nov 22 16:18:55 GMT 2016

On 22/11/16 15:03, Martin Wetterwald wrote:
> We found what we think is a bug (at least a not wanted behaviour), but
> it seems it's actually a feature, when looking at commits 4ace25c5 and
> 51967f980 (pasted at the end of this email).

4ace25c5 is a red herring: that provides REFUSED responses with the
behaviour you're looking for. Whether the same behaviour ought to be
applied to SERVFAIL responses is for Simon to decide: the commit message
for 51967f980 isn't clear about why SERVFAIL should be considered a
"successful" upstream response, but I'm sure there was a reason, and I'm
sure he can fill us in.