[Dnsmasq-discuss] Bug forward upstream SERVFAIL

Martin Wetterwald martin.wetterwald at corp.ovh.com
Wed Nov 23 12:04:36 GMT 2016

Yes, the behaviour I had in mind is to only forward SERVFAIL to the
client if we didn't have any "better" answer (NOERROR) from any other
upstream.

That way, DNS resolution with several upstreams stays reliable even if
some of them SERVFAIL.

Does that seem reasonable? Does that still respects the RFC definition
of "SERVFAIL"?

Martin