[Dnsmasq-discuss] Sequential IP doesn't look for unused IPs

Alec Robertson alecrobertson13 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 14:55:09 GMT 2016

Thank you for your replies.

What I mean (as I said I didn’t explain it very well), is that the
sequential IP feature results in lots of empty IP addresses, so effectively
you end up with a much smaller range of possible IP addresses.

I was requesting the ability for dnsmasq to look through the entire
possible range of IP addresses and if it finds one that is not assigned, it
assigns that first before then working its way up from the last assigned
address.