[Dnsmasq-discuss] Problem using dnsmasq as dhcp

Kurt H Maier khm at sciops.net
Tue Jan 3 19:15:12 GMT 2017

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 05:50:42AM +0100, Archimede Pitagorico wrote:
>    I am trying to migrate from dhcpd to dnsmasq for my home network, without
>    much luck.

Make sure you don't have any iptables rules in place that would
interfere with dnsmasq.  ISC's dhcp server uses a lower-level network
model than dnsmasq, and can work despite iptables rules to the contrary.
Check for rules that are dropping packets with sources or destinations
like 0.0.0.0 or 255.255.255.255.

khm