[Dnsmasq-discuss] Finding actual DNS server used

David Forrest mapleparkdevelopment at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 03:33:12 GMT 2017

I just run the host command on a questionable resolution target with a
defined dns and compare it with with the default (which should be 127.0.0.1
in my case: as I do have a bunch of undesirables in my hosts file resolving
to the loopback per: http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/).

drf at raspberrypi:~ $ host cyberscat.com
cyberscat.com has address 127.0.0.1
cyberscat.com has IPv6 address ::1
drf at raspberrypi:~ $ host cyberscat.com 8.8.8.8
Using domain server:
Name: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53
Aliases: