[Dnsmasq-discuss] [solved] Re: Finding actual DNS server used

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 06:36:05 GMT 2017

On 01/16/2017 12:23 AM, Weedy wrote:
> On 15 January 2017 at 17:15, Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr>
> wrote:
>> Hi Weedy,
>>
>> Le Sun, 15 Jan 2017 17:04:37 -0500 Weedy <weedy2887 at gmail.com> a
>> écrit:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html#lbAG
>>>
>>> An API of sorts was added some time last year
>>
>> I've gone through the NOTES section you are referring to, but I
>> don't see exactly which API you are referring to. Could you provide
>> more precise indications?
>
> I was talking about "statistics are also available in the DNS as
> answers to queries of class CHAOS and type TXT in domain bind".
> Which is why I said API of sorts.
[snip]

Thanks. That's it.  I somehow missed it there in the manual page:

	When it receives a SIGUSR1, dnsmasq writes  statistics
	to  the  system log.  … For each upstream server
	it  gives  the  number  of  queries sent, and the
	number which resulted in an error.
	…

That gives me the information I was looking for regarding verifying
which server dnsmasq is using.

Regards,
Lars