[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPv6 on OpenWRT

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 03:37:33 GMT 2017

Hi Alec,

Have you tried setting `--dhcp-option=option6:dns-server,[fd00::]` for auto fill in of ULA or `--dhcp-option=option6:dns-server,[::]` auto ~ GA?

By default dnsmasq will send [fe80::] LL in RA and DHCPv6, but some clients do not like DNS on LL. It also can break down in some virtual-bridge situations. The client network driver forgets (or software resolver bug doesnt enter) which interface to route [fe80::] on. IT often requires %eth0 or some such. The above options will override this [fe80::] address, and make the situation more robust..