[Dnsmasq-discuss] interface-name records vs localise-queries

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 04:05:48 GMT 2017

Hi Kevin,

Reading the man page, I would expect the primary address is returned (localized) and  it acts just like any /etc/hosts entry. This would imply that this is a bug or oversight.

quote:
-interface-name=<name>,<interface>[/4|/6]
    Return a DNS record associating the name with the __ primary address __ on the given interface. This flag specifies an A or AAAA record for the given name in the __ same way as an /etc/hosts line __, except that the address is not constant, but taken from the given interface

(I don't use router DNS that specifically, so I failed to test this detail before submitting to LEDE. )

Eric