[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPv6 on OpenWRT

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 05:52:54 GMT 2017

https://github.com/lede-project/source/pull/674

- Eric

-------- Original message --------
From: Aaron Wood <woody77 at gmail.com>
Date: 1/23/17 00:46 (GMT-05:00)
To: Eric Luehrsen <ericluehrsen at hotmail.com>
Cc: "BIZ: DNSMASQ List" <dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] IPv6 on OpenWRT

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 8:40 PM, Eric Luehrsen <ericluehrsen at hotmail.com<mailto:ericluehrsen at hotmail.com>> wrote:
Syntax error also. option/option6 statements need a colon before the option-name
--dhcp-option=option6:dns-server,[fd00::]

For OpenWrt/LEDE you can use dnsmasq-dhcp6 or dnsmasq-full. If you migrate over to LEDE and do your own builds, I have a pull on github to incorporate dnsmasq-dhcp6 into UCI when odhcpd is removed or disabled. Also LEDE dnsmasq.init script inspects the build options on dnsmasq and prevents you from trying to configure missing content. If you are concerned about stability. LEDE will be releasing 17.01 soon; my pull won't be in it, but its easy to hijack the init script from git hub.

I needed to switch to dnsmasq-full to get the option6 parsing to work (without it, it wanted the comma, not the colon).

And now I realize that I have odhcpd running, and not dnsmasq, for ipv6 connectivity configuration.  This will be fun to switch to.

(and a link to that pull would be greatly appreciated, Eric)

-Aaron