[Dnsmasq-discuss] [OT] A question about MX records

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 03:25:01 GMT 2017

If by "alias", you mean a second A record for 84.92.49.234, then the common
practice is to use a hostname of mail.domain.tld

If by "alias", you mean a CNAME, you should know that listing a CNAME in an
MX record violates the RFC.  It often works, but some servers check for
this and reject all mail originating from a domain whose MX is
misconfigured.