[Dnsmasq-discuss] No more random source port

Risto Suominen risto.suominen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 17:33:01 GMT 2017

Hi,

I'm running Lubuntu 16.04 with dnsmasq 2.75-1ubuntu0.16.04.1 under
NetworkManager's control.

When forwarding DNS requests, dnsmasq uses same source port (per
interface) every time.

Compared to Ubuntu 14.04 with dnsmasq 2.68-1ubuntu0.1, which used
different ports.

The command line options for dnsmasq have not changed between these
versions, and there is no config file either.

So, I wonder, is there some change in dnsmasq itself that could
explain this behaviour change?

My problem is that my 4G router (TP-Link TL-MR6400) won't answer to
the requests coming from same port.

Risto