[Dnsmasq-discuss] No more random source port

Risto Suominen risto.suominen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:22:55 GMT 2017

> (I don't see the point of this restruction but hey, that's TP-Link's
> choice.)

I might use the word 'bug' instead of 'choice'.

> Ok, so the OS is not limiting the ports per se.
>
> You said the command line did not change. Which is it exactly? I
> usually do a "cat /proc/<pid-of-dnsmasq>/cmdline | tr '\0' '\n' to make
> sure I see the real command line of the running dnsmasq.

/usr/sbin/dnsmasq
--no-resolv
--keep-in-foreground
--no-hosts
--bind-interfaces
--pid-file=/var/run/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.pid
--listen-address=127.0.1.1
--cache-size=0
--conf-file=/dev/null
--proxy-dnssec
--enable-dbus=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.dnsmasq
--conf-dir=/etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.d

Risto