[Dnsmasq-discuss] FW: Cachesize

Nathan Downes nathandownes at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 10 22:37:53 BST 2017

Hi Petr,

I guess that is totally possible, I had just used it for a few other projects so figured if it works why not use it :) The only things I use are setting minimum cache ttl to 30 mins and max cache size to 10k.  There is only about 1000 endpoints of various types, from residential to business.

It only came about because I noticed the quantity of traffic to other resolvers was a lot more than I expected and I guessed caching would improve the experience for the end users.

It functions well at this level as far as I can see, always sub ms responses and almost no load on server. It is just a small VM with Dnsmasq, SMTP relay and STUN server.

I will check out other options then if I am pushing the limits of capability